- A bond used in brickwork consisting of alternate courses of stretchers and headers.More example sentences
- New brickwork (both blue in the middle and reddish in the new mass to the east) properly follows the English bond of the original work (alternate rows of headers and stretchers).
- Garden walls built using English bond are one brick wide.
- When you reach the end and start the second course, remember that the first brick starts halfway along the brick below it, assuming you are using English bond.
More definitions of English bondDefinition of English bond in:
- The British & World English dictionary