- The Scottish or Irish Gaelic language.More example sentences
- Celtic languages, Erse, Gaelic, Manx, and Welsh, continue to be spoken in Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Man, and Wales.
- For many performers it was a statement of identity, allied to a desire for constitutional change and the need to maintain languages such as Welsh, Gaelic, Breton and Erse, threatened with extinction.
- There are others with similarly impressive results in Irish who would be flummoxed altogether if the EU told us to put our money where our mouths are and speak this expensive Erse.
early Scots form of Irish.
More definitions of ErseDefinition of Erse in:
- The British & World English dictionary