Definition of Eutheria in English:
A major group of mammals that comprises the placentals. Compare with Metatheria.
- Infraclass Eutheria, subclass Theria
- On the other hand, molecular data sets tend to support the sister-group relationship of Carnivora and Pholidota, usually with Xenarthra as basal for Eutheria.
- Yet the teeth of deltatheroidans are of remarkably primitive construction; if they are related to marsupials, an extremely early divergence of Metatheria and Eutheria is implied.
- Previous paleontological and molecular evidence has indicated that cetaceans and artiodactyls constitute a natural clade within the subclass Eutheria.
Definition of Eutheria in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.