noun• informal , chiefly North American
- Used as a euphemism for the word “fuck”, with reference to the latter’s taboo status and potential to shock or offend: I got caught on air dropping the F-bombMore example sentences
- Why don't you just drop an f-bomb and get it out of your system?
- Is this the first time that the New Yorker has dropped the F-bomb, not in a quotation or a piece of fiction, but to express the author's own attitude in a review or non-fiction piece?
- Meanwhile, I'm just curious about how a writer who dropped the f-bomb six times in the first paragraph of an interview with the New York Observer's going to do on daytime TV.
More definitions of F-bombDefinition of F-bomb in:
- The British & World English dictionary