- The rotation of the plane of polarization of electromagnetic waves in certain substances in a magnetic field.More example sentences
- Ferro-magnetic technology uses magnetooptical Faraday effect in which electromagnetic waves interact each other directly to create extremely fast switches (femtoseconds).
- Electrical properties such as dipole moments, magnetic properties, optical properties, and the Faraday effect all give important information about the structure of molecules as well.
- He discovered what is now called the Faraday effect, namely that if a beam of light is passed through a substance which polarises it, then the plane of polarisation is rotated by a magnetic field parallel to the ray of light.
More definitions of Faraday effectDefinition of Faraday effect in:
- The British & World English dictionary