- A member of a group of French painters who favored Fauvism: [as modifier]: a Fauve canvas by MatisseMore example sentences
- The painterly freedom of the Fauves and their expressive use of color gave splendid proof of their intelligent study of van Gogh's art.
- In their early years, they might have worked with others - Matisse was a Fauve, Picasso briefly teamed up with Braque - but they are not today defined by such associations.
- Following their lead, the French Fauve painters, under the auspices of Matisse, took the power of color another step further.
More definitions of FauveDefinition of Fauve in:
- The British & World English dictionary