(also Fibonacci sequence)
- A series of numbers in which each number ( Fibonacci number) is the sum of the two preceding numbers. The simplest is the series 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, etc..More example sentences
- These General Fibonacci series are called the G series but the Fibonacci series and Phi again play a prominent role in their mathematical properties.
- Kees van Prooijen of California has used a similar series to the Fibonacci series - one made from adding the previous three terms, as a basis for his art.
- This triangle has an elementary use in probability and combinatorics, and both the series of triangular numbers and the Fibonacci series can be derived from it.
More definitions of Fibonacci seriesDefinition of Fibonacci series in:
- The British & World English dictionary