- (In Canada) an indigenous American Indian community officially recognized as an administrative unit by the federal government or functioning as such without official status: the Siksika First Nation in Alberta (as modifier First Nations) the First Nations peoples of CanadaMore example sentences
- It is the largest First Nation community in Manitoba, with an on-reserve population of approximately 3,065 residents.
- There is disagreement within the First Nations community about that.
- One of the problems with our education has been the government's approach to First Nations communities.
More definitions of First NationDefinition of First Nation in:
- The British & World English dictionary