Definition of Franconian in English:
Of or relating to Franconia or its inhabitants.
- The appeal of Franconian wine was undoubtedly heightened from this period by its being bottled in distinctive round flat flagons, known as Bocksbeutel.
- Perhaps it reminds you of Frankenmuth and the other Franconian settlements in Michigan.
- Even within Germany, the use of Bavarian, Swabian, or even Franconian dialect in lyrics signaled increased regional self-awareness in the face of linguistic homogenization.
nounBack to top
1A native or inhabitant of Franconia.
- Germany, with the extraordinarily varied and distinct cultures of the Lander is an example to us all: a Bavarian would hate to be taken for a Prussian, a citizen of Lubeck would not want to be mistaken for a Franconian.
- Konrad Volkert went his own way as a passionate artist who portrayed his beloved Franconian homeland, the region with Nuremberg as its cultural and economic center.
- All of them were written down from Franconians and mirror mostly their point of view which is biased.
Definition of Franconian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan