- 1A genetically modified fish.More example sentences
- That project raises outraged cries from commercial fishermen, who believe the larger Frankenfish will decimate wild species of salmon with their precious genetic inheritance, which has evolved over millennia.
- Against this Frankenfish background, even the most experimental fish farm in Britain looks relatively benign.
- If even a few of these Frankenfish escape, the damage could be extensive.
- 2The northern snakehead, so dubbed for its voracious appetite and ability to survive adverse conditions.More example sentences
- Nicknamed the Frankenfish, the snakehead is capable of breathing air, slithering over land, and surviving three days outside the water, magnifying its ability to move from one habitat to another.
- Also known as Frankenfish, this invasive species is a voracious predator that eats almost anything, so its possible spread has biologists worried.
- Right now, nobody knows how to rid the Potomac of Frankenfish, but bass anglers are eager to do anything and everything they can to help.
from Franken(stein) and fish.