- A North American fir tree, occurring primarily in the mountains of Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina.
More example sentences
- Abies fraseri, family Pinaceae
- No, they wanted a Colorado blue spruce or a Fraser fir.
- The infestation has resulted in a massive die-off of Fraser fir trees throughout the Southern Appalachian Mountains, and in turn, the destruction of the spruce-fir moss spider's habitat.
- In summary, of the several species that could be planted for Christmas trees in Ohio, five are recommended for general planting in the state: Scotch pine, white pine, Colorado spruce, Fraser fir and Douglas-fir.