- A Christian Church that has dissented or seceded from an established Church.More example sentences
- He trained at the Free Church College, Edinburgh, and began working as a Free Church missionary in South Africa in mid-1989.
- In Scotland the established church was Presbyterian, and in 1843 the majority of Church of Scotland evangelicals seceded to form the Free Church.
- He helped found the Free Church when it broke from the established Church of Scotland in 1843 and edited a religious newspaper, the Witness, in which he expounded on the issues of the day.
More definitions of Free ChurchDefinition of Free Church in:
- The British & World English dictionary