Definition of French dressing in English:
1A salad dressing of vinegar, oil, and seasonings.
- What we've got now is a place to go to dinner where you can order seafood soup glistening with sea cucumbers while your date has a nice filet mignon and a salad with some homemade French dressing.
- I ordered chicken fried steak, green beans, mashed potatoes and a chef salad with French dressing and a Diet Coke.
- I wouldn't have salad that had been within five feet of French dressing before.
1.1North American A sweet, creamy salad dressing commercially prepared from oil, tomato puree, and spices.
- On the side are shredded iceberg, two big tomato slices, a plastic ramekin of bright orange vinaigrette that's less sweet than French dressing, and a pile of fries.
- Remember the French dressing and tomato sauce this week.
Definition of French dressing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan