noun(usually French windows)
- Each of a pair of casement windows extending to the floor in an outside wall, serving as a window and door.More example sentences
- Patio doors and French windows should be fitted with a special lock at the top and bottom
- Ground floor or garden apartments have French windows leading out to their own patio areas.
- Architects have come up with ideas for an urban square surrounded by new housing, creating back gardens and putting French windows into existing terraced homes, and giving some homes in New Market Street front gardens.
More definitions of French windowDefinition of French window in:
- The British & World English dictionary