(also anti-G suit)
- A garment with pressurized pouches that are inflatable with air or fluid, worn by fighter pilots and astronauts to enable them to withstand high forces of acceleration.More example sentences
- Giraffe legs also have a thick sheath of skin, like an astronaut's G-suit, to prevent the high blood pressure from forcing blood to leak through capillaries.
- The G-suit used by the Air Force of today has encased bladders that automatically inflate to increase body constriction after two Gs.
- Climbing into the jet became almost impossible because the dry suit was even tighter with the added resistance of the G-suit and harness.
1940s: from g (symbol of gravity) + suit.
More definitions of G-suitDefinition of G-suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary