- An animal of a breed of cattle that originated in Galloway, Scotland. They are hornless and black and are raised for beef.More example sentences
- Shorthorns are the oldest recorded breed of cattle in Britain and, like the light-footed Galloways who were brought in to the 235-hectare former RAF base last September, they are hardy enough to live outside all year round.
- After seeing an advert, he and his wife, Rose, travelled to the Isle of Mull to look at some Galloways and knew they had found the right breed.
- I'll take his word over that of the Khans or Galloways of this world any day.
More definitions of GallowayDefinition of Galloway in:
- The British & World English dictionary