- A method of applying group theory to the solution of algebraic equations.More example sentences
- His interests in research relate to finite geometries and the group theory related to them, to Cremona transformations related to the Galois theory of equations.
- He began to study the Galois theory of equations and from there he was led to study composition series of groups.
- Nonetheless, he does intend to convey to all of his readers some of the ideas of Abel's proof and Galois theory, and he has thus set himself a much more formidable expository task than he did.
More definitions of Galois theoryDefinition of Galois theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary