Definition of Gigantopithecus in English:
A very large fossil Asian ape of the late Miocene to early Pleistocene epochs.
- Genus Gigantopithecus, family Pongidae
- A German paleontologist discovered Gigantopithecus in 1935 when he picked up a strange, heavy tooth in a Chinese apothecary.
- Its size and ape affiliation suggest Gigantopithecus was a ground-dwelling, fist-walking creature.
- Creatures the size of Gigantopithecus would need a source which existed in abundance.
Definition of Gigantopithecus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.