Definition of Gigantopithecus in English:
A very large fossil Asian ape of the late Miocene to early Pleistocene epochs.
- Genus Gigantopithecus, family Pongidae
- A German paleontologist discovered Gigantopithecus in 1935 when he picked up a strange, heavy tooth in a Chinese apothecary.
- Its size and ape affiliation suggest Gigantopithecus was a ground-dwelling, fist-walking creature.
- Creatures the size of Gigantopithecus would need a source which existed in abundance.
Definition of Gigantopithecus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan