Definition of Glagolitic in English:
Denoting or relating to an alphabet based on Greek minuscules, formerly used in writing some Slavic languages.
- Some historians believe that it was he who simplified the Glagolitic alphabet and named it after his teacher St Cyril.
- It lies at the foot of a small winding gravel road known as the Glagolitic Alley, a sculpture trail created in the 1970s to celebrate the Glagolitic script, the precursor to Cyrillic.
- The panels are adored with Glagolitic letters of Old Church Slavonic beside samples of Chinese characters.
nounBack to top
The Glagolitic alphabet.
- The Cyrillic alphabet was brought here by the followers of Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius, who invented the first Slavic alphabet, Glagolitic, in the ninth century.
Definition of Glagolitic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan