Definition of Glagolitic in English:
Denoting or relating to an alphabet based on Greek minuscules, formerly used in writing some Slavic languages.
- Some historians believe that it was he who simplified the Glagolitic alphabet and named it after his teacher St Cyril.
- It lies at the foot of a small winding gravel road known as the Glagolitic Alley, a sculpture trail created in the 1970s to celebrate the Glagolitic script, the precursor to Cyrillic.
- The panels are adored with Glagolitic letters of Old Church Slavonic beside samples of Chinese characters.
nounBack to top
The Glagolitic alphabet.
- The Cyrillic alphabet was brought here by the followers of Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius, who invented the first Slavic alphabet, Glagolitic, in the ninth century.
Definition of Glagolitic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.