Definition of Glaswegian in English:
Of or relating to Glasgow.
- Barga and Glasgow have a strong connection, since many Glaswegian Italians hail originally from there.
- Amid all this celebration of the wit and wisdom to be found on the streets of Glasgow, Smith also pointed out that the Glaswegian propensity for patter was directly linked to ego size.
- But Mungo, despite his importance in Glaswegian legend, is not allowed must more than a passing mention, thanks to the scarcity of authentic sources.
nounBack to top
1.1The dialect or accent of people from Glasgow.
- We not only speak it but we're quick to imitate their accents - Glaswegian, Mancunian, Yorkshire - and comfort them with all their problems that pour down a telephone line.
- We are divided at times by language, which is a shame because there is nothing so mellifluous as broad Glaswegian with an Asian accent.
- He spoke with a west of Scotland accent, possibly Glaswegian.
from Glasgow, on the pattern of words such as Norwegian.
Definition of Glaswegian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan