Definition of Greek Catholic in English:
1A member of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Other faiths include Judaism, Greek Catholic, and Orthodox.
- The top three sects on the Christian sign, the Maronite Catholics with 34 reserved seats, the Greek Orthodox followed by it Greek Catholics.
- It is home to Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox and Greek Catholics where, in a rare case of ecumenical co-operation, three priests work closely together.
2A Uniate member of a church observing the Greek rite.
- There are smaller numbers of Greek Catholics, Roman Catholics, and Protestants.
- The same thing is true in Ukraine. These people, the Greek Catholics, have been in the Catholic church since 1596, and want to remain there.
- The Uniates or Greek Catholics of the Ukraine, who acknowledged the supremacy of Rome, were dragged back to Orthodoxy in a campaign of 1827-39.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan