Definition of Greenland halibut in English:
An edible halibut with a black or dark brown upper side that is found in cold, deep waters of the north.
- Reinhardtius hippoglossoides, family Pleuronectidae
- Common fish species in the area include atlantic tomcod, mummichog, redfish, herring, silver hake, Greenland halibut, and the dangerously overfished northern cod.
- Atlantic halibut is larger than Greenland halibut and can attain a maximum size of 2.5m and live for up to 50 years.
- Throughout a packed week of events, the Humber Seafood Group is also promoting red fish, whiting, and Greenland halibut.
Definition of Greenland halibut in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan