Definition of Herculean in English:
1Requiring great strength or effort: a Herculean task
More example sentences
- Even the simplest military task - like moving a unit from point A to point B - requires a Herculean logistical effort.
- The major problem is that Sofia's street are mainly cobbled, which is not a problem for the motor, but requires a Herculean effort steering the wheelchair.
- And I think it will require a Herculean effort, on the part of the defense, to create a reasonable doubt on all of the counts in this case.
1.1(Of a person) muscular and strong.
- As I sat breathlessly in front of my television and watched the team last weekend, they became my Herculean heroes.
- But I'm far from the Herculean man mountain of muscle I was at my previous heights.
- Finally, because they were bred to be such Herculean workers, malamutes need daily exercise on a leash or in an enclosed area.
Words that rhyme with HerculeanActaeon, Aegean, aeon (US eon), Augean, Behan, Cadmean, Caribbean, Carolean, Chaldean, Cyclopean, empyrean, epicurean, European, Fijian, Galilean, Hasmonean, Hebridean, Ian, Jacobean, Kampuchean, Laodicean, lien, Linnaean (US Linnean), Maccabean, Mandaean (US Mandean), Medicean, monogenean, Nabataean (US Nabatean), Orphean, paean, paeon, pean, peon, Periclean, piscean, plebeian, Pyrenean, Pythagorean, Sabaean, Sadducean, Sisyphean, skean, Tanzanian, Tennesseean, Terpsichorean, theodicean, Tyrolean
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan