Definition of Herculean in English:
1Requiring great strength or effort: a Herculean task
More example sentences
- Even the simplest military task - like moving a unit from point A to point B - requires a Herculean logistical effort.
- The major problem is that Sofia's street are mainly cobbled, which is not a problem for the motor, but requires a Herculean effort steering the wheelchair.
- And I think it will require a Herculean effort, on the part of the defense, to create a reasonable doubt on all of the counts in this case.
1.1(Of a person) muscular and strong.
- As I sat breathlessly in front of my television and watched the team last weekend, they became my Herculean heroes.
- But I'm far from the Herculean man mountain of muscle I was at my previous heights.
- Finally, because they were bred to be such Herculean workers, malamutes need daily exercise on a leash or in an enclosed area.