- 1 Greek & Roman Mythology A hero of superhuman strength and courage who performed twelve immense tasks or “labors” imposed on him and who after death was ranked among the gods. Greek name Heracles.
- 1.1 (as noun a Hercules) A man of exceptional strength or size.More example sentences
- He wasn't the biggest of guys, he was quite slight; he was never a Hercules.
- He is so impressed, he persuades him to make a trip to Berlin, where he can guarantee lucrative employment as a Hercules on the cabaret circuit.
Latin, from Greek Hēraklēs.
More definitions of HerculesDefinition of Hercules in:
- The British & World English dictionary