(also Hibernicism /-niˌsizəm/)
- An Irish idiom or expression.More example sentences
- Also, your slavish use of obsolete, twee and anglicised Hibernicisms is peculiarly un-Irish, not to mention unconvincing and uncouth.
- I hope that, after making due allowance for Hibernicisms and for imperfect acquaintance with English modes of thought and expression, he will accept my explanation as sufficient.
- When it was brought to me, my toast (to use an Hibernicism) proved to be bread-and-butter.
More definitions of HibernianismDefinition of Hibernianism in:
- The British & World English dictionary