(also High Holy Days)
- The Jewish holy days of Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah. Also called Days of Awe.More example sentences
- On the Jewish High Holidays we take collective responsibility for our own lives and for the activities of the community and society of which we are a part.
- I still took off for the High Holidays and I wouldn't drive on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, but I stopped going to shul.
- My in-laws, who are amazing, usually come to London twice a year, for the High Holidays and for Pesach.
More definitions of High HolidaysDefinition of High Holidays in:
- The British & World English dictionary