- A condition marked by a contracted pupil, drooping upper eyelid, and local inability to sweat on one side of the face, caused by damage to sympathetic nerves on that side of the neck.More example sentences
- The clinical manifestations are broad but include ipsilateral ataxia, facial pain, dysphagia, loss of taste, vertigo, nausea, nystagmus, diplopia, Horner's syndrome, hiccups and contralateral pain and temperature loss.
- Other unusual but recognised presentations of cervical disc degeneration include headache, hemiparesis, hemidiaphragm paralysis, and Horner's syndrome because of involvement of the sympathetic chain.
- He remains well seven years later, with a persistent left Horner's syndrome and lack of sweating on the left side of his head.
early 20th century: named after Johann F. Horner (1831–86), Swiss ophthalmologist.
More definitions of Horner's syndromeDefinition of Horner's syndrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary