(also Icelandic poppy)
Definition of Iceland poppy in English:
A tall poppy that is widely cultivated for its colorful flowers and suitability for cutting, native to arctic and north temperate regions.
- Papaver nudicaule, family Papaveraceae
- From sixpacks, try calendula, Iceland poppies, pansies, primroses, snapdragons, stock, or violas.
- Clarkias, Iceland poppies, pansies, and stock can't stand intense summer heat.
- Interplant pink ranunculus with salmon Iceland poppy and red-purple pansies, and accent with a few yellow and pink English primroses.
Definition of Iceland poppy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia