Definition of Independence Day in English:
1 another term for Fourth of July.
- I don't think there are advertisement breaks during the Republic Day Parade or the Independence Day function, is there?
- The sequel broke the record set by its money-spinning predecessor and looks well placed to break even more over the Independence Day weekend in the States.
- This weekend is Independence Day and for most of us reading this blog, it means a cookout, fireworks and maybe a parade.
1.1A day celebrating the anniversary of national independence.
- On Wednesday, the nation celebrated its 60th Independence Day.
- National identity is symbolized by a flag, a national anthem, a seal, and an Independence Day celebrated every year.
- For some Bellarussians, 25 March is celebrated as an unofficial Independence Day.
Definition of Independence Day in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan