Definition of Iraqi in English:
noun (plural Iraqis)
1A native or inhabitant of Iraq, or a person of Iraqi descent.
- We need your help to carry on helping the Iraqis and Marsh Arab people at this critical time.
- The remainder is made up of a mix of many different nationalities including Iraqis.
- This gave the Iraqis an opportunity to show the Americans what they wanted to see.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Iraq, its people, or their language.
- It was used alongside other intelligence material, giving the impression it came from Iraqi sources.
- The makeshift chariots were pulled by Iraqi horses commandeered from looters in the area.
- The vouchers allowed the bearer to buy Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices and could be sold for a profit.
Definition of Iraqi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan