Definition of Iraqi in English:
noun (plural Iraqis)
1A native or inhabitant of Iraq, or a person of Iraqi descent.
- We need your help to carry on helping the Iraqis and Marsh Arab people at this critical time.
- The remainder is made up of a mix of many different nationalities including Iraqis.
- This gave the Iraqis an opportunity to show the Americans what they wanted to see.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Iraq, its people, or their language.
- It was used alongside other intelligence material, giving the impression it came from Iraqi sources.
- The makeshift chariots were pulled by Iraqi horses commandeered from looters in the area.
- The vouchers allowed the bearer to buy Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices and could be sold for a profit.
Words that rhyme with IraqiKawasaki, khaki, larky, malarkey, menarche, Nagasaki, narky, parky, raki, saké, saki, sarky, souvlaki, sparky, sukiyaki, teriyaki
Definition of Iraqi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.