- The highest German military decoration for bravery, instituted in 1813.More example sentences
- He failed to rise in rank beyond corporal, but was awarded the Iron Cross for military bravery.
- As with many other youths in Germany, he joined the German Army during World War One and was awarded the Iron Cross for bravery.
- During his career, he was awarded the Iron Cross by the German army for bravery.
More definitions of Iron CrossDefinition of Iron Cross in:
- The British & World English dictionary