- The Rastafarian name of God.More example sentences
- For Jah to be God, God cannot be a culturally specific desert god from the near east.
- The 32-year-old Jamaican-born gangster had grown dreadlocks and believed he had the Rastafarian God Jah on his side.
- Its tone is set at the film's very spiritual start: Rastafarian elders are playing hand drums in a ramshackle hut in the Jamaican countryside, smoking ganja and praising their god Jah.
representing Hebrew Yāh, abbreviation of Yahweh. The current use was popularized in the mid 20th century.
More definitions of JahDefinition of Jah in:
- The British & World English dictionary