Definition of Japanese anemone in English:
An autumn-flowering anemone with large pink or white flowers. It is native to China and naturalized in Japan, and several cultivars have been developed.
- Anemone hupehensis variety japonica, family Ranunculaceae
- Snow-white peonies come into bloom in May, and pale daylilies, white liatris, and white Japanese anemones take turns through the summer and fall.
- Further on in the season, pink Japanese anemones will colonise an area that suits them, ie. somewhere sunny but moist.
- Growing with the linaria is a pink Japanese anemone, also self-seeded or perhaps mistakenly imported with another plant.
Definition of Japanese anemone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan