Definition of Japanese anemone in English:
An autumn-flowering anemone with large pink or white flowers. It is native to China and naturalized in Japan, and several cultivars have been developed.
- Anemone hupehensis variety japonica, family Ranunculaceae
- Snow-white peonies come into bloom in May, and pale daylilies, white liatris, and white Japanese anemones take turns through the summer and fall.
- Further on in the season, pink Japanese anemones will colonise an area that suits them, ie. somewhere sunny but moist.
- Growing with the linaria is a pink Japanese anemone, also self-seeded or perhaps mistakenly imported with another plant.
Definition of Japanese anemone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.