- Paper of a kind traditionally handmade in Japan, typically from vegetable fibers such as mulberry bark and without being sized, used for art and craft work.More example sentences
- There will be an exhibition informing all about paper such as paper history and technology, workshops on paper recycling, examples of Japanese paper art called Origami, and Chinese lanterns and kites.
- He owned eight paintings and fourteen drawings, nine etchings on Japanese paper, fifty-nine separate proofs and an almost complete set of his prints.
- The ocean undulates softly, printed on supple sheets of Japanese paper attached to the bottom edge of an accordion-fold artist's book showing full moons on its 13 panels.
More definitions of Japanese paperDefinition of Japanese paper in:
- The British & World English dictionary