- An annual grass of Asian origin that is established as an invasive ecological threat in the eastern and southern US.
More example sentences
- Microstegium vimineum, family Poaceae
- From river bluffs to wetlands, mature forests to your own backyard, Japanese stilt grass is a ready invader of moist, neutral, or acidic soils.
- The stems of Japanese stilt grass are relatively hairless and resemble a smaller version of bamboo.
- Stabilize disturbed areas with native grasses before Japanese stilt grass can exploit the disturbance.