(also Jedi knight or Jedi warrior)
Definition of Jedi in English:
noun (plural same or Jedis)
1A member of the mystical knightly order in the Star Wars films, trained to guard peace and justice in the universe.
- The Jedi are primarily mystical, though they can, of course, deploy their knowledge of Right to achieve intellectual understanding.
- They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy.
- The Jedi are stretched to the limit trying to keep peace and order in the galaxy.
1.1Anyone with special privileges or supernormal powers reminiscent of a Jedi: these guys hang out in places mere mortal lobbyists who were not Jedi warriors cannot go
More example sentences
- True Jedi know that all power comes ultimately from within, and so it is within ourselves that we must look if we are to prevail.
- Through your decisions, you may become either a light-side or dark-side Jedi.
- Within five minutes all twenty-four of us Jedi were standing in the Council room waiting instructions.
Definition of Jedi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.