(also Jedi knight or Jedi warrior)
Definition of Jedi in English:
noun (plural same or Jedis)
1A member of the mystical knightly order in the Star Wars films, trained to guard peace and justice in the universe.
- The Jedi are primarily mystical, though they can, of course, deploy their knowledge of Right to achieve intellectual understanding.
- They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy.
- The Jedi are stretched to the limit trying to keep peace and order in the galaxy.
1.1Anyone with special privileges or supernormal powers reminiscent of a Jedi: these guys hang out in places mere mortal lobbyists who were not Jedi warriors cannot go
More example sentences
- True Jedi know that all power comes ultimately from within, and so it is within ourselves that we must look if we are to prevail.
- Through your decisions, you may become either a light-side or dark-side Jedi.
- Within five minutes all twenty-four of us Jedi were standing in the Council room waiting instructions.
Definition of Jedi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan