Definition of Jovian in English:
2Of or relating to the planet Jupiter or the class of giant planets to which Jupiter belongs.
- Electromagnetic forces propel the dust out of the Jovian system, into interplanetary space.
- Another Jovian moon, Io, surprised astronomers by indications of volcanic activity.
- The orbiter spent eight years scrutinising the whole Jovian system and making multiple fly-bys of the four main moons.
nounBack to top
A hypothetical or fictional inhabitant of the planet Jupiter.
- Galileo wrote of people living on Jupiter, and how the moons of Jupiter would appear to Jovians, as opposed to the way we see them on Earth, but the other three looked to the Moon.
- Anyway, we don't need a strong army, we just need a few destructive strikes before the Jovians are prepared.
- Just as the Uranis were finally starting to organize themselves enough to cause damage, the Jovians, for no apparent reason, retreated and rode away.
Words that rhyme with JovianChekhovian, Harrovian, Pavlovian
Definition of Jovian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan