(also June beetle)
Definition of June bug in English:
A large brown scarab beetle that appears in late spring and early summer. Also called May beetle.
- Genus Phyllophaga, family Scarabaeidae: several species, especially the northern June bug (P. fusca)
- They range from the very short term, like the life cycle of a June bug, which lives only a few days, to the life cycle of a planet, which takes billions of years.
- Research shows that bug zappers kill plenty of insects, such as June bugs and moths, but not many mosquitoes.
- During a recent evening visit to a friend's house early this spring, I noticed some June bugs flying around the outside porch light.
Definition of June bug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan