- Either of two South African plants with straplike leaves and stems bearing a number of red, pink, or orange flowers.
More example sentences
- ● a plant with star-shaped flowers (Schizostylis coccinea, family Iridaceae). ● another term for clivia
- Try N. bowdenii, which produces clusters of pretty pink flowers, or the Schizostylis (Kaffir lily), an elegant South African plant with clumps of narrow, sword-shaped leaves and dainty flowers which are good for cutting.
- These eye-catching kaffir lilies provide vertical interest and a late splash of colour when many summer flowers are coming to a close.
- I've two long patches of kaffir lilies consisting of three varieties.
More definitions of Kaffir lilyDefinition of Kaffir lily in:
- The British & World English dictionary