Definition of Kaffir lily in English:
Either of two South African plants with straplike leaves and stems bearing a number of red, pink, or orange flowers.
- ● A plant with star-shaped flowers (Schizostylis coccinea, family Iridaceae). ● another term for clivia
- Try N. bowdenii, which produces clusters of pretty pink flowers, or the Schizostylis (Kaffir lily), an elegant South African plant with clumps of narrow, sword-shaped leaves and dainty flowers which are good for cutting.
- These eye-catching kaffir lilies provide vertical interest and a late splash of colour when many summer flowers are coming to a close.
- I've two long patches of kaffir lilies consisting of three varieties.
Definition of Kaffir lily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan