(also Karnaugh diagram)
Definition of Karnaugh map in English:
nounMathematics & Electronics
A diagram consisting of a rectangular array of squares, each representing a different combination of the variables of a Boolean function.
- For example, packages for bar charts, UML notation and even Karnaugh maps can be downloaded.
- Figure 3 presents completed Karnaugh maps of positive mother-child interactions for one average and one referred family.
- However, the Karnaugh map is faster and easier, especially if there are many logic reductions to do.
mid 20th century: named after US physicist Maurice Karnaugh (1924–).
Karnaugh mapping noun
- Example sentences
- Utilize the Karnaugh mapping procedure to systematically reduce complex Boolean equations to their simplest form.
- The first procedure uses a Karnaugh mapping technique and is a very powerful pictorial method for hand-processing designs involving up to six variables.
- A complete chapter is devoted to Karnaugh mapping to help students cope with the greater complexity of modern digital circuit devices.
Definition of Karnaugh map in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan