Definition of Klingon in English:
1A member of a warlike humanoid alien species in the television series Star Trek and its derivatives and sequels.
- For that matter, in all episodes of the original series, Klingons are portrayed as swarthy looking humans wearing black clothing.
- Today Star Trek has updated the look so as to make Klingons more menacing.
- It is the brainchild of Marc Okrand, who invented a complete language, with its own vocabulary, grammar, and usage to make the Klingons sound, well, more alien.
2The language of the Klingons: the site is also available in synthetic languages like Esperanto and Klingon
More example sentences
- Oh and apparently he can speak fluent Klingon… so I am told at least.
- Like Klingon or Esperanto, cyber-English can only be understood by those who use it, which means it's mostly techno-geeks and hardcore online chatters trying to impress each other.
- County research has shown that Klingon has gone from being a fictional tongue to what many people - and not just fans - consider a complete language, with its own grammar, syntax and vocabulary.
1960s: invented name.
Definition of Klingon in:
- British & World English dictionary