Definition of Komodo dragon in English:
A heavily built monitor lizard that captures large prey such as pigs by ambush. Occurring only on Komodo and neighboring Indonesian islands, it is the largest living lizard.
- Varanus komodoensis, family Varanidae
- A monitor lizard the size of a Komodo dragon saunters out of the jungle and slips into the sea.
- How did he get to the remote regions of the earth to collect exotic butterflies and Komodo dragons?
- Last week they decided to show an item about a veterinarian who practiced acupuncture on a Komodo dragon.
Definition of Komodo dragon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.