A heavily built monitor lizard that captures large prey such as pigs by ambush. Occurring only on Komodo and neighboring Indonesian islands, it is the largest living lizard.
- Varanus komodoensis, family Varanidae
More example sentences
- A monitor lizard the size of a Komodo dragon saunters out of the jungle and slips into the sea.
- How did he get to the remote regions of the earth to collect exotic butterflies and Komodo dragons?
- Last week they decided to show an item about a veterinarian who practiced acupuncture on a Komodo dragon.
Definition of Komodo dragon in:
- The British & World English dictionary