Definition of Komodo dragon in English:
A heavily built monitor lizard that captures large prey such as pigs by ambush. Occurring only on Komodo and neighboring Indonesian islands, it is the largest living lizard.
- Varanus komodoensis, family Varanidae
- A monitor lizard the size of a Komodo dragon saunters out of the jungle and slips into the sea.
- How did he get to the remote regions of the earth to collect exotic butterflies and Komodo dragons?
- Last week they decided to show an item about a veterinarian who practiced acupuncture on a Komodo dragon.
Definition of Komodo dragon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan