noun (plural same or Kushans)
- A member of an Iranian dynasty that invaded the Indian subcontinent and established a powerful empire in the northwest between the 1st and 3rd centuries ad.More example sentences
- Most believe Rajputs come from tribes in central Asia such as the Parthians, Kushans, Shakas, and Huns.
- But, over the centuries, Persians, Greeks, Parthians, Kushans, and White Huns invaded India.
- In the Far East, coinage developed in India in the 5th century BC through contacts with Persian coinage by Mauryans and Kushans.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Kushan or their dynasty.More example sentences
- During the time of Kaniska, the Kushan king in fourth century AD, Gandhara became a Buddhist country.
- The jewellery of the Kushan and Mauryan periods shows distinct Greek touches.
- Remains of Mauryan, Kushan, and Gupta periods have also been found.
from Prakrit kuṣāṇa (adjective), from Iranian.
More definitions of KushanDefinition of Kushan in:
- The British & World English dictionary