- 1.1Lethal dose (of a toxic compound, drug, or pathogen). It is usually written with a following numeral indicating the percentage of a group of animals or cultured cells or microorganisms killed by such a dose, typically standardized at 50 percent ( LD50).More example sentences
- That's all well and good, but how do you attach significance to the LD50 numbers that you might find?
- The LD50 test does not account for drug interactions, and is therefore of little use in such cases.
- Special calculations are used when translating animal LD50 values to possible lethal dose values for humans.
More definitions of LDDefinition of LD in:
- The British & World English dictionary