noun( • trademark in the UK)
- A compound extracted from amygdalin, formerly used controversially to treat cancer.More example sentences
- Gather together dried apricot pits, we'll fleece the dying by calling it Laetrile: a cancer cure.
- A prime example is Laetrile (laevo-mandelonitrile-beta-glucuronoside), a useless and poisonous drug promoted for cancer treatment.
- Vitamin B17, or Laetrile, is found plentifully in apricot stone kernels and is thought to play a role in reducing inappropriate cell division which occurs in malignant tumours.
More definitions of LaetrileDefinition of Laetrile in:
- The British & World English dictionary