- A member of a Thessalian people who fought and defeated the centaurs.More example sentences
- In the 5th century political symbolism was couched in mythological terms, and the battles of gods and giants, Greeks and Amazons or Trojans, and Lapiths and centaurs stood for the historical battles of the Persian Wars.
- When Pirithous, king of the Lapiths, got married, the Centaurs came to take his wife away and there was a terrible battle.
- Although the Lapith women do not seek husbands, they are assaulted by the Centaurs at a wedding and are defended by the heroic, athletic Lapiths, overseen by the god Apollo.
via Latin from Greek Lapithai (plural).
More definitions of LapithDefinition of Lapith in:
- The British & World English dictionary