- 1An arrangement of letters or symbols that each occur n times, in a square array of n2 compartments so that no letter appears twice in the same row or column.More example sentences
- The original edition contained an early example of a problem about orthogonal Latin squares.
- Here are two examples of Latin squares of order 4.
- This study of symmetric functions led him to study partitions and Latin squares, and for many years he was considered the leading worker in this area.
- 1.1A Latin square used as the basis of experimental procedures in which it is desired to control or allow for two sources of variability while investigating a third.More example sentences
- In this article we present a new algorithm, which uses mutually orthogonal Latin squares to perform enhanced sampling of the conformational space.
- We used the orthogonal Latin square design for three treatments, which included all six possible sequences.
- There were four blocks of four irrigation treatments for each variety in a Latin square arrangement, with a single experimental row and two guard rows.
More definitions of Latin squareDefinition of Latin square in:
- The British & World English dictionary