- Bright green woolen cloth originally made at Lincoln, England.More example sentences
- Symbolically, Leo wears Lincoln green (like Robin Hood), is teased by Marcus for being ‘green’, and is infatuated with Marian, Marcus' sister.
- This Robin Hood is a real outlaw whose actions have consequences, not an imposter lounging lazily on the greensward and plucking venison, oat-cakes, and suits of Lincoln green off convenient trees.
- In Robin's world, each of his merry man is promised three suits of Lincoln green each year, along with a salary, venison, ‘sweet oaten cakes, and curds and honey’.
More definitions of Lincoln greenDefinition of Lincoln green in:
- The British & World English dictionary