Definition of Lithuanian in English:
Of or relating to Lithuania or its people or language.
- A child of Lithuanian Jews who emigrated to America in 1875, Berenson graduated from Harvard University in 1887.
- Arrested twice in 1905, he joined the emigration of Lithuanian Jews to the United States.
- The violence was directed against a small group of Lithuanian Jews.
nounBack to top
1A native or citizen of Lithuania, or a person of Lithuanian descent.
- Historically, relations with other ethnic groups have been amicable; this is perhaps because over 80 percent of citizens are ethnic Lithuanians.
- The entire region was plundered in the following centuries by invading Poles, Lithuanians, Swedes, Germans, and most recently Russians.
- A lot of the eastern Europeans in Killarney, Lithuanians and so on, would have played a very good standard at home.
2The Baltic language of Lithuania.
- Speakers of African language Lingala, Persian language Farsi, Lithuanian and Somali are among those needed.
- He is the first member of his family to come to the United States from Lithuania, and speaks English, Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian.
- Remus speaks English and Lithuanian fluently, and didn't have to take up Irish because he was over the age of 10 when he joined Rockfield national school.
Definition of Lithuanian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan