Definition of Little Englander in English:
A person who opposes an international role or policy for Britain.
- There's a peculiarly English thing about French-bashing, but there's also a Little Englander thing in general about how the film industry actually works.
- But you don't have to be a Little Englander to be concerned about the commission poking their noses into a tax regime which is, after all, in its fourth decade of operation.
- He is now too parochial to be a Little Englander.
- 1Little Englandism
- Example sentences
- However, if they organised industrial action to stop jobs being offshored, then I would support that, and argue against any Little Englandism or worse that might go with it.
- He said he would ‘oppose the rancid Little Englandism that has gripped the country’ - and leave the Conservative Party if it slid too far.
- Successive sterling crises have demonstrated to all but the most insular Britons that Little Englandism will not work in the modern industrial world.
Definition of Little Englander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.